Georgina Fuggle’s horseradish and tomato toad in the hole
- August 2012
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 5 min, oven time 30 min
Georgina Fuggle’s wonderful twist on the classic toad in the hole sees sausages wrapped in bacon before being baked with sweet vine cherry tomatoes. It’s a real crowd-pleaser and always looks impressive once it’s puffed up in the oven.
- 46.1g (14.5g saturated)
- 28g (6.2g sugars)
- 8 sausages
- 8 rashers of unsmoked streaky bacon
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 100g plain flour
- 2 medium free-range eggs
- 1 tbsp grated horseradish
- 225ml semi-skimmed milk
- 200g cherry tomatoes
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Wrap the sausages in the rashers of unsmoked streaky bacon, then fry in a non-stick pan until browned.
- Drizzle vegetable oil in a 30cm x 25cm x 6cm deep roasting tray and heat in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Put the plain flour in a bowl, crack in the medium free-range eggs, then stir in the grated horseradish. Gradually beat in the semi-skimmed milk. Season.
- Put the sausages into the hot roasting tray and pour over the batter. Top with cherry tomatoes on the vine and cook for 30 minutes until puffed and golden.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...