Georgina Fuggle’s horseradish and tomato toad in the hole
- August 2012
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 5 min, oven time 30 min
Georgina Fuggle’s wonderful twist on the classic toad in the hole sees sausages wrapped in bacon before being baked with sweet vine cherry tomatoes. It’s a real crowd-pleaser and always looks impressive once it’s puffed up in the oven.
- 46.1g (14.5g saturated)
- 28g (6.2g sugars)
- 8 sausages
- 8 rashers of unsmoked streaky bacon
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 100g plain flour
- 2 medium free-range eggs
- 1 tbsp grated horseradish
- 225ml semi-skimmed milk
- 200g cherry tomatoes
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Wrap the sausages in the rashers of unsmoked streaky bacon, then fry in a non-stick pan until browned.
- Drizzle vegetable oil in a 30cm x 25cm x 6cm deep roasting tray and heat in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Put the plain flour in a bowl, crack in the medium free-range eggs, then stir in the grated horseradish. Gradually beat in the semi-skimmed milk. Season.
- Put the sausages into the hot roasting tray and pour over the batter. Top with cherry tomatoes on the vine and cook for 30 minutes until puffed and golden.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter