Gluten and nut-free stuffing
- December 2007
- Serves 10-12
- Takes 35 minutes to make, plus cooling
This Christmas recipe for stuffing is gluten-free and nut-free, but doesn’t skimp on flavour.
- Gluten-free recipes
- 7.8g (1.4g saturated)
- 27.4g (15.3g sugar)
For 12 servings
- 270g brown rice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium onions, finely diced
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 225g button or flat mushrooms, wiped clean and finely sliced
- Handful fresh parsley, chopped
- Finely grated zest of 2 lemons, plus juice of 1 lemon
- Put the rice and a good pinch of salt in a saucepan and cover with twice the volume of cold water. Cover and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes until soft. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Turn up the heat, add the mushrooms and season. Cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes, until they have wilted. Take off the heat.
- Add the rice to the onions, along with the parsley, lemon zest and juice. Mix well, season and cool until needed.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Boozy bakes and adult puds
Sherry-drenched fruit and nuts on vanilla ice cream
”I always have a few nuts and raisins left after Christmas. Here I’ve soaked them...