Gluten-free and dairy-free apricot and chestnut stuffing
- December 2008
- Serves 12
- Takes 20 minutes to make, plus cooling
This stuffing recipe is gluten-free and dairy-free, have it on hand for family and friends with allergies.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Gluten-free recipes
- 11.2g (3.3g saturated)
- 22g (6.1g sugar)
- 1 large onion, very finely diced
- 2 celery sticks, finely diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 450g minced pork belly
- 435g can unsweetened chestnut purée (we like Merchant Gourmet)
- 110g fine gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp each finely chopped fresh thyme, sage and curly parsley leaves
- 100g dried apricots, roughly chopped
- 2 large free-range eggs, beaten
- Place the onion and celery in a pan with the oil. Season with the salt and pepper and gently sweat until the onion is very soft. Add the garlic and fry, stirring, for 30 seconds. Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
- Tip the onion mixture into a bowl with all of the remaining ingredients and mix together with your hands. To check that the stuffing is well seasoned, fry a flattened spoonful of it in hot oil, until cooked through. Taste and season as necessary.
- Push the stuffing into the neck end of the turkey. Cover with the skin and secure with a skewer.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Make-ahead Christmas sides
Crispy prosciutto cups with sausage and sage stuffing
These prosciutto cups take stuffing to the next level – serve them as part of...
Roast chicken recipes
Roast chicken with sausage, chard and parmesan stuffing
Treat your mum, partner, family or friends to a slap-up roast dinner: Debbie Major’s roast...