Greek lamb pittas
- September 2008
- Serves 4
- Ready in 15 minutes
A quick and easy lamb recipe, served Greek-style in a pitta with tomato, cucumber and feta.
- 4 lamb rump steaks
- A little chopped fresh oregano
- 4 pitta breads
- Sliced tomato
- Sliced cucumber
- A few slices of feta
- Take the steaks, trim off the fat, pop between sheets of cling film and flatten with the end of a rolling pin. Season well, drizzle with olive oil and a little chopped fresh oregano.
- Cook under a hot preheated grill for 1-2 minutes each side. Set aside.
- Toast 4 pitta breads in a toaster (or on a griddle).
- Split open and stuff each with the lamb, sliced tomato, cucumber and a few slices of feta. Garnish with fresh oregano.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Spicy pork meatball pittas with harissa mayo and sweet potatoes
These spicy pork meatballs in pittas are perfect finger food and they can also be...
Lunch recipes to take to work
Shredded pork pittas with crumbled feta and coriander
Stuff warm pitta breads with crumbled feta, shredded pork and fresh coriander for a light...