Cyrus Todiwala’s masala omelette
- November 2013
- Serves 1
- Ready in 15 minutes
Cyrus Todiwala’s spicy Indian-influenced omelette is easy to make and tastes great for breakfast, brunch or lunch.
Looking for something else? We have lots more recipes for 1 person for you to try.
- 18.8g (4.3g saturated)
- 8.1g (6.6g sugars)
- 2 large free-range eggs
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- ½ chopped green chilli
- 1 small tomato, deseeded and finely chopped
- Small bunch of fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp rapeseed oil
- Break the eggs into a bowl with the onion, chilli, tomato and fresh coriander. Beat with a little salt.
- Heat the rapeseed oil in a 24cm non-stick pan (measured across the top) over a medium heat. Add the egg mixture and, using a spatula, scrape and lift the omelette from the bottom of the pan as it starts to cook. When the omelette is almost firm, fold in half and slide it onto a plate to serve.
Slice the omelette into small squares, add a dollop of mint-and-coriander raita and a drop of mango chutney to each, then serve as a quick and easy canapé.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Masala omelette with spinach and soured cream dressing
Chetna Makan has spiced up a classic omelette, topped it...
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter