Grilled Dover sole with lime, coconut and avocado relish
- July 2008
- Serves 4
- Ready in 20 min
This is an ideal light and fresh supper party dish, best served with steamed rice. Buy Dover, lemon or megrim sole with clear eyes that smell of the sea. For maximum flavour, cook on the bone.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Gluten-free recipes
- 16.3g (5.5g saturated)
- 1.6g (1.1g sugar)
- 4 x 225g whole Dover sole, cleaned
- 1 tbsp groundnut oil
- ½ tsp mixed peppercorns, crushed
For the lime, coconut and avocado relish
- 50g fresh coconut (ready-cubed from Waitrose or prepare a whole coconut), flesh coarsely grated
- ½ mild red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 small avocado, stoned and chopped
- 5cm piece fresh ginger, shredded
- 1 lime, skin and pith removed, flesh segmented and roughly chopped, plus lime wedges to serve
- Handful fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 tbsp Thai fish sauce (nam pla)
- Preheat the grill to medium. Slash the fish diagonally a few times on both sides. Rub with the oil, peppercorns and some salt. Grill for 3-4 minutes on 2 baking trays, turning halfway, until cooked through.
- Combine all the relish ingredients together in a bowl.
- Serve the fish with the relish, lime wedges and steamed rice, if you like.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Ginger, chilli and lime steamed cod with stir-fried red cabbage and coriander rice
This Asian-inspired cod recipe is perfect for a quick and easy midweek dinner. The best...