Grilled mackerel with tomato and avocado salsa
- August 2009
- For 4 people
- Takes 15 minutes to make and 5 minutes to cook
Grilled mackerel with fresh tomato and avocado salsa is easy to prepare, healthy to eat and sustainable, too!
- 57.7g (14.3g saturated)
- 19.3g (3.4g sugars)
- 75g fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh flatleaf parsley
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 30g butter, melted, plus extra for greasing
- 8 mackerel fillets
- 300g tomatoes, deseeded and chopped
- 2 ripe avocados, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the grill to medium high. Mix the breadcrumbs in a bowl with the herbs, lemon zest and butter, and season well. Lay the mackerel skin-side down on a greased baking tray and top with the breadcrumbs.
- In another bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients and season. Grill the fish for 4-5 minutes until it’s cooked and the crust is golden. Serve with the salsa and new potatoes, if you like.
For a picnic salad, make the salsa and grill the mackerel as per the recipe, then allow the mackerel to cool. Add a can of drained and rinsed butter beans to the salsa, then flake in the mackerel and pack into a container.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
November seasonal recipes
Mackerel flatbreads with pickled kohlrabi and parsley potatoes
A quick and easy way of serving mackerel, on flatbreads with pickled kohlrabi and parsley...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...