Haddock, cream and egg gratin
- April 2005
- Serves 2
- Takes 15 minutes to make and 15 minutes to bake
This indulgent haddock recipe takes just 30 minutes from start to finish making it the perfect midweek meal.
- 350g undyed smoked haddock fillet
- Butter, for greasing
- 2 medium organic eggs
- 4 tbsp double cream
- 25g fresh white breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. Put the fish into a large pan and just cover with water. Simmer for 5 minutes, until just cooked. Drain and flake the fish, discarding any skin or bones. Put the flaked fish into a small, buttered ovenproof dish.
- Make 2 holes or wells in the flaked fish and break an egg into each. Spoon the double cream over the fish and around the eggs. Season well and sprinkle with the breadcrumbs. Bake for 15 minutes until bubbling and golden.
Rate & review