Halibut, ratatouille and new potato tray bake
- April 2007
- Serves 4
- Takes 15 minutes to make and 35 minutes in the oven
We’ve used leftover ratatouille in this halibut and new potato tray bake, but you could easily whip up a big batch in under an hour and freeze any leftovers for another day. Either way, it’s utterly worth it to make this fantastic family dinner.
- 17.8g fat (2.8g saturated)
- 28.7g (8.6g sugars)
- 500g waxy small new potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 600g leftover ratatouille
- 2 tbsp baby capers, rinsed and drained
- 1 red chilli, chopped or a good pinch of chilli flakes
- 4 (about 200g each) halibut steaks
- 1 lemon, finely sliced
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Thinly slice the potatoes and place in a large bowl. Toss with the olive oil and plenty of black pepper and a small pinch of salt. Arrange in a single layer on a large baking tray or dish and bake for 20 minutes or until turning golden.
- Spoon the ratatouille on top of the potatoes and sprinkle with the capers and chilli. Place the halibut over the ratatouille and layer the lemon over the fish. Drizzle with a little extra oil. Season well and bake for 15 minutes, until the fish is cooked through.
Rate & review