- April 2007
- For 4-6 people
- Ready in 45 minutes
A classic ratatouille recipe starts with roasting lots of veg and finishing with fresh herbs. The end result is an authentic dish that’ll have you dreaming of being en vacance in the south of France.
This ratatouille recipe is vegan, but we also have a version with bacon, for meat lovers.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Gluten-free recipes
- Vegan recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- 10.7g fat (1.7g saturated)
- 15.9g (13.5g sugar)
For 6 servings
- 4 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1kg fresh tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 red onions, cut into about 3cm cubes
- 3 red peppers, deseeded and cut into about 3cm cubes
- 2 aubergines, cut into about 3cm cubes
- 4 courgettes, cut into about 3cm cubes
- 15g bunch of fresh oregano, leaves roughly chopped
- Large bunch of fresh flatleaf parsley, leaves roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Put the oil, garlic, tomatoes and the vegetables in a single layer in 2 roasting tins. Toss together, season and roast for 45 minutes, until tender.
- Mix the contents of both roasting tins together, finish with an extra drizzle of olive oil and stir in the fresh herbs.
To freeze: divide the mixture into three amounts, weighing about 600g each, and spoon into three individual 1-litre rigid freezer containers. Freeze for up to 1 month. Remove from the freezer and defrost for about 6 hours before using.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...