Ham and green pea soup
- November 2013
- Serves 6
- Takes 30 minutes to make
Looking for an easy pea and ham soup? This hearty soup recipe is easy to make and always a hit – you use frozen peas in it. Serve with plenty of crusty bread.
- 6.7g (2.5g saturated)
- 19.5g (4.3g sugars)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- Knob of butter
- A little oil
- 1 large potato (about 200g), diced
- 1 litre fresh ham or chicken stock
- 675g frozen peas, defrosted
- A good handful of finely chopped fresh mint
- 180g shredded ham hock or chunky torn roast ham
- Fresh crusty bread to serve
- Fry the onion in a knob of butter and a little oil for 10 minutes until soft. Add the diced potato and cover with the stock. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes until the potato is tender.
- Add 600g of the peas and the mint, then season well. Take off the heat, cool, then whizz in a blender until smooth. Stir in the rest of the peas and the ham hock or roast ham. Season to taste, then serve with fresh crusty bread.
Rate & review