Pea soup with gorgonzola dolce and ham hock
- February 2015
- 1 litre fresh chicken stock
- 650g frozen peas
- 50g gorgonzola dolce, plus more to serve
- A squeeze of lemon juice, optional
- A handful shredded ham hock, to serve
- Crusty bread to serve
- Heat the chicken stock in a pan, then add the peas and simmer for 5 minutes. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, then stir in the gorgonzola. Leave to cool, then whizz to a smooth soup with a stick blender.
- Heat through, taste and adjust the seasoning ‚Äì you may want to add a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Garnish with the ham hock and a little more crumbled gorgonzola, then serve with plenty of crusty bread on the side.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter