Pea soup with gorgonzola dolce and ham hock
- February 2015
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 10 minutes
A vibrant pea soup recipe with the added indulgence of creamy blue cheese and meaty ham hock.
- 1 litre fresh chicken stock
- 650g frozen peas
- 50g gorgonzola dolce, plus more to serve
- A squeeze of lemon juice, optional
- A handful shredded ham hock, to serve
- Crusty bread to serve
- Heat the chicken stock in a pan, then add the peas and simmer for 5 minutes. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, then stir in the gorgonzola. Leave to cool, then whizz to a smooth soup with a stick blender.
- Heat through, taste and adjust the seasoning ‚Äì you may want to add a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Garnish with the ham hock and a little more crumbled gorgonzola, then serve with plenty of crusty bread on the side.
Rate & review