Ham and grilled artichoke calzone
- October 2007
- Serves 2
- Takes 20 minutes to make and 15-20 minutes in the oven
This ham and grilled artichoke calzone is a heartier version of a pizza.
1 sachet from a 290g pack pizza base mix
227g can chopped tomatoes with herbs
4 slices smoked ham, roughly torn
125g buffalo mozzarella, drained and torn
100g grilled artichoke hearts in oil, drained and halved
Mixed salad, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6.
- Make the pizza base mix according to pack instructions. Knead the dough until smooth, halve and roll out between 2 sheets of cling film to make 2 thin 23cm circles. Set aside on a large baking sheet in a warm place for 10 minutes.
- Drain a can of chopped tomatoes with herbs and spread over the bases, leaving a small border all around. Scatter between them the slices of smoked ham, roughly torn, buffalo mozzarella, drained and torn, and grilled artichoke hearts in oil, drained and halved.
- Season, fold each into a semi-circle and press the edges together well to seal. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden.
- Serve with a mixed salad.
Rate & review