Ham and grilled artichoke calzone
- October 2007
- Serves 2
- Takes 20 minutes to make and 15-20 minutes in the oven
Learn to make calzones with our foolproof recipe. Fold pizza dough into calzones with a delicious ham, cheese and grilled artichoke filling.
Love a folded pizza? Go back to basics with our tomato and mozzarella calzone recipe.
1 sachet from a 290g pack pizza base mix
227g can chopped tomatoes with herbs
4 slices smoked ham, roughly torn
125g buffalo mozzarella, drained and torn
100g grilled artichoke hearts in oil, drained and halved
Mixed salad, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6.
- Make the pizza base mix according to pack instructions. Knead the dough until smooth, halve and roll out between 2 sheets of cling film to make 2 thin 23cm circles. Set aside on a large baking sheet in a warm place for 10 minutes.
- Drain a can of chopped tomatoes with herbs and spread over the bases, leaving a small border all around. Scatter between them the slices of smoked ham, roughly torn, buffalo mozzarella, drained and torn, and grilled artichoke hearts in oil, drained and halved.
- Season, fold each into a semi-circle and press the edges together well to seal. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden.
- Serve with a mixed salad.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...