Harissa turkey burgers with a watercress tzatziki
- August 2008
- Serves 4
- Hands on time 15 mins, plus 15 mins grilling time
This healthy turkey burger recipe is a lighter alternative to the classic beef version, at only 331 calories per serving. We’ve served them in ciabatta rolls topped with a refreshing watercress tzatziki for an easy midweek meal to feed the family.
Want more healthy burger inspiration? Try this 30-minute recipe.
- 6.5g (1.5g saturated)
- 32.5g (3.7g sugars)
- 500g turkey mince
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- ½-1 tsp Tabasco, to taste
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1 small onion, grated
- Olive oil, for brushing
- 4 ciabatta rolls
- 1 beef tomato, thickly sliced
- 8 little gem lettuce leaves
For the watercress tzatziki
- 200g fat-free natural yogurt
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 40g watercress, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp dried mint
- Preheat the barbecue or grill to medium. In a bowl, mix the turkey mince, garlic, cumin, purée, Tabasco, lime zest and onion together with your hands. Season well.
- Divide into 4 and form into burgers. Brush the burgers with a little oil and barbecue or grill for 15 minutes, until cooked, turning halfway. Split the rolls in half and barbecue or grill until toasted.
- Meanwhile, make the tzatziki. Mix together the yogurt, garlic, lime juice, watercress and mint. Season.
- Put the tomato and lettuce in the ciabatta rolls and top each with a burger and some tzatziki.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Halloumi and sweet potato burgers with chilli, mint and mashed avocado
Slices of halloumi and sweet potato are marinated, grilled and placed in burger buns spread...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...