Harissa turkey burgers with a watercress tzatziki
- August 2008
- Serves 4
- Hands on time 15 mins, plus 15 mins grilling time
This healthy turkey burger recipe is a lighter alternative to the classic beef version, at only 331 calories per serving. We’ve served them in ciabatta rolls topped with a refreshing watercress tzatziki for an easy midweek meal to feed the family.
Want more healthy burger inspiration? Try this 30-minute recipe.
- 6.5g (1.5g saturated)
- 32.5g (3.7g sugars)
- 500g turkey mince
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- ½-1 tsp Tabasco, to taste
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1 small onion, grated
- Olive oil, for brushing
- 4 ciabatta rolls
- 1 beef tomato, thickly sliced
- 8 little gem lettuce leaves
For the watercress tzatziki
- 200g fat-free natural yogurt
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 40g watercress, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp dried mint
- Preheat the barbecue or grill to medium. In a bowl, mix the turkey mince, garlic, cumin, purée, Tabasco, lime zest and onion together with your hands. Season well.
- Divide into 4 and form into burgers. Brush the burgers with a little oil and barbecue or grill for 15 minutes, until cooked, turning halfway. Split the rolls in half and barbecue or grill until toasted.
- Meanwhile, make the tzatziki. Mix together the yogurt, garlic, lime juice, watercress and mint. Season.
- Put the tomato and lettuce in the ciabatta rolls and top each with a burger and some tzatziki.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Halloumi and sweet potato burgers with chilli, mint and mashed avocado
Slices of halloumi and sweet potato are marinated, grilled and placed in burger buns spread...