Quick chicken burger with sweet potato wedges
- July 2009
- 2 sweet potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp spice mix
- ½ red onion, sliced
- 2 free-range skinless chicken breasts, halved
- 2 ciabatta rolls
- Olive oil
- A handful of salad leaves
- Sweet chilli sauce
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6.
- Tumble the sweet potatoes into a roasting tin, and toss with the olive oil and spice mix. Roast for 25 minutes or until crisp and tender.
- In a small bowl, pour boiling water over the onion and soften for 15 minutes before draining and rinsing in cold water.
- Meanwhile, preheat a griddle pan over a medium-high heat (or light/preheat a barbecue). Lay the chicken breasts between sheets of cling film then flatten with a rolling pin. Season and brush with olive oil. Griddle or barbecue for 3 minutes each side until cooked through.
- Split the ciabatta rolls, brush the cut side with olive oil and griddle or toast until golden brown. Sandwich the chicken, onion and a handful salad leaves between the buns. Drizzle with sweet chilli sauce and serve with the sweet potato wedges.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...