- December 2013
- Serves 4
- Takes 10 min to make, 50 min to cook
Who can resist crunchy roast potatoes, especially ones as crunchy as these? If you’ve roasted a goose, save the fat for these, or, buy from your grocer. Perfect served with any roast dinner.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Gluten-free recipes
- 10.4g fat (4.2g saturated)
- 2.8g protein
- 26.9g carbs (2.2g sugars)
For 10 servings
- 4-5 tbsp goose fat (from roasting the goose)
- 1kg small new potatoes, halved if large
- 2-3 fresh rosemary sprigs, leaves picked, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Spoon the goose fat into a large shallow roasting tin and place in the oven for 5-10 minutes to heat up.
- Meanwhile, scrape the rounded surface of each potato with a fork to make deep grooves in the surface. Carefully add the potatoes to the hot fat, scatter with most of the rosemary and some sea salt, then roast for 45 minutes, turning now and then, until golden and crunchy. Remove, drain on kitchen paper, then serve, scattered with more sea salt and rosemary.
Rate & review