Hazelnut meringue roulade
- Butter, for greasing
- 1 x quantity meringue (see Master recipe basic Swiss meringue)
- ½ tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 40g toasted chopped hazelnuts, plus extra to decorate
- 284ml double cream
- 2 tbsp hazelnut spread
- Icing sugar, to dust
- Grease and line a 22cm x 32cm Swiss roll tin with baking paper, so it forms a collar.
- Make a basic meringue mixture (see recipe), and whisk in the wine vinegar and cornflour. Fold in the hazelnuts and spread in the tin. Bake at 190°C/fan170°C/gas 5 for 15 minutes.
- Turn out onto baking paper. Whip the cream to soft peaks and fold in the Nutella. Spread over the cooled roulade and roll up. Dust with icing sugar and scatter with more chopped hazelnuts.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Caramelised pineapple and coconut trifle with rum syllabub
A boozy, fruity trifle with coconut custard is the perfect end to an evening. This...