- July 2015
- Makes 600g
- Hands-on time 10 minutes
A healthier houmous recipe with 2.6g less fat than the traditional version and only 32kcals per serving.
Browse more homemade houmous recipes.
- 1.3g (0.8g saturated)
- 3g (0.1g sugars)
- 2 x 400g good quality chickpeas
- 100ml water
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1 tbsp tahini paste
- juice of ½-1 lemon
- generous pinch of salt
- extra-virgin olive oil (optional)
- dried spice, such as paprika, for sprinkling
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas, put in a food processor and whizz with the water, garlic, tahini paste, lemon juice and salt.
- Once almost smooth, check the seasoning and adjust if necessary, then transfer to a serving dish.
- Serve drizzled with extra-virgin olive oil if you like and scattered with a dry spice of your choice.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter