Healthier baba ghanoush
- July 2015
- Makes about 600g
- Hands-on time 30 min, plus cooling
A healthier version of the classic aubergine dip – this baba ghanoush recipe contains just 7.5kcals per serving.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 0.2g (0.1g saturated)
- 0.8g (0.7g sugars)
- 4 large aubergines
- 2 large pinches of ground cumin
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 1 small crushed garlic clove
- A dollop of Greek yoghurt
- A drizzle of pomegranate molasses
- Fresh herbs or sesame seeds, to serve
- Put the aubergines either directly over a couple of gas hobs, or under a hot grill. Let them char, turning often, until the skins are blackened, the flesh is soft and the juices are running from them (about 20 minutes).
- Transfer to a bowl and leave to cool. Once the aubergines are cool enough to handle, drain off the juices and discard, peel off and discard the blackened skin (don’t worry if a few flecks are left on), then put in a mixing bowl.
- Stir in the cumin, lemon juice, garlic, Greek yoghurt and pomegranate molasses.
- Season generously with salt and serve with fresh herbs or sesame seeds.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Avocado houmous with coriander pitta
This avocado houmous recipe with coriander pitta combines the usual suspects of chickpeas and tahini...