Herby cod and new potato traybake
- May 2018
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 25 min, simmering time 20 min
Healthy needn’t be hard! Have a go at this one-tray dinner using sustainable cod fillets, new potatoes, tinned tomatoes and olives.
Or swap cod for salmon with our salmon tray bake.
- 13.9g (5.2g saturated)
- 18.9g (17.8g sugars)
- Glug of olive oil
- 500g halved new potatoes
- Glug of olive oil i
- 1 chopped red onion
- 2 x 400g tins of chopped tomatoes
- 50g pitted kalamata olives
- Small bunch of chopped oregano
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tsp sugar or agave nectar (optional)
- 100ml red wine
- 4 x 150g sustainable cod fillets
- Olive oil
- Sliced basil leaves
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Heat a the oil in a lipped roasting tray in the oven for 5 minutes. Toss the new potatoes in the hot oil and season well. Roast for 25-30 minutes until tender and crisp.
- Meanwhile, heat another glug of olive oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat and add the red onion. Fry for 3-4 minutes, then add the chopped tomatoes, olives, oregano, tomato purée, sugar or agave nectar and red wine. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 10 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and toss to loosen. Pour the tomato sauce over the potatoes and nestle the cod fillets on top. Drizzle with olive oil, season and roast for 8-10 minutes or until the fish flakes easily. Serve scattered with sliced basil leaves.
For vegetarians, leave out the Worcestershire sauce and bacon and add 1 tsp soy sauce and half a tin of butter beans. The soup will be thicker so adjust by adding extra water.
Freeze in batches in labelled food bags for up to 3 months – but prepare the bacon garnish just before serving. Defrost fully and reheat until piping hot.
Rate & review