Baked lemon salmon with buttered carrots and leeks
- November 2016
- 75g British free-range bacon lardons
- 30g unsalted butter, plus extra to bake
- 1kg carrots, halved lengthways and cut diagonally into 3cm pieces
- 400g leeks, cut diagonally into 5cm pieces
- 5 fresh rosemary sprigs, leaves picked and roughly chopped
- 4 sustainable salmon fillets
- 1 lemon, cut into 5mm slices
To serve (optional)
- Crusty bread
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Fry the bacon lardons (without any oil) in a frying pan over a medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes until starting to crisp, then transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add the 30g butter to the same pan over a medium heat. When it has melted, add the carrots, leeks and rosemary, then toss in the butter until well combined. Transfer to a large roasting tin and cook for 25 minutes.
- Top each salmon fillet with a knob or two of butter and lemon slices, then season with salt and pepper. When the vegetables have been in the oven for the required time, add the salmon to the roasting dish. Return to the oven and cook for a further 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender and the fish is cooked and flakes easily. Serve with crusty bread, if you like.
The ingredients can easily be doubled or halved depending on the number you’re feeding.
Rate & review