Herby crème fraîche salmon with grilled avocado
- November 2019
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 15 min, oven time 10 min
Load up on lots of healthy fats with this easy midweek dinner. Salmon is topped with herby crème fraîche and served with grilled avocado, mixed seeds and nutty grains .
Looking for another easy salmon recipe? Check out our tray-roast salmon with crème fraîche and breadcrumbs.
- 36.1g (7.1g saturated)
- 41.5g (2.5g sugars)
- 4 tbsp half-fat crème fraîche
- 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- A few fresh dill sprigs, leaves picked
- Finely grated zest and juice 1 lemon, plus wedges to serve
- 4 lightly smoked sustainable salmon fillets
- 4 tbsp panko breadcrumbs
- 1 avocado, stoned, quartered and peeled
- Olive oil for brushing
- 500g cooked mixed grains, or a mix of grains and rice, heated (we like Merchant Gourmet)
- 2 tbsp mixed seeds (optional)
- Heat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas 4. In a small bowl, mix the crème fraîche, mustard, most of the dill, the lemon zest and plenty of freshly ground black pepper. Put the salmon fillets on a baking tray, top each with 1 tbsp
of the crème fraîche mixture, then sprinkle over the panko crumbs. Roast for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a griddle pan until hot. Brush the avocado wedges with a little oil, then griddle for a few minutes on each side until lightly charred.
- After the 10 minutes cooking time, switch the oven to a medium-high grill and grill the fish for 2-3 minutes until cooked through and the crumbs are golden.
- Squeeze the juice of the lemon into the remaining crème fraîche sauce, then stir until smooth.
- Divide the cooked grains among 4 plates (or put on a large platter), then top with the salmon, avocado, seeds (if using) and the rest of the dill. Serve with lemon wedges and the extra sauce on the side.
Rate & review