Egg fried peanut rice
- March 2007
- for 4 people
- Ready in 20 minutes
Adding a handful of salted peanuts to this easy egg fried rice recipe will completely change the game. Give it a go for a quick midweek dinner in just 20 minutes.
Want more? Take a look at all our 20-minute dinner recipes.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- 31.1g (5.7g saturated)
- 57g (4.3g sugar)
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 150g salted peanuts
- Bunch of spring onions, sliced
- 225g long-grain rice, cooked
- 100g frozen peas
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce, plus extra to serve
- Mix the eggs, chilli and seasoning. Heat half the oil in a wok or large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the egg and cook like a pancake, until set and pale golden. Slide out, roll up and finely shred. Set aside.
- Add the remaining oil and peanuts to the wok and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add the spring onions, cook for 1 minute, then add the cooked rice, peas and soy sauce. Stir-fry until the rice is hot. Serve topped with the egg and extra soy sauce to drizzle over.
If you’re not vegetarian, add some finely diced pork or chicken to the wok along with the peanuts, if you like.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Brussels sprouts recipes
Sticky beef and charred brussels sprouts fried rice
A speedy weeknight stir-fry that packs in maximum flavour in under 30 minutes. Not a...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...