Herby hasselback potatoes
- February 2020
- Serves 6
- Hands-on time 10 min, oven time 45-60 min
There’s a roast potato and then there’s a hasselback roast potato – they’re supremely crispy and just as easy to make! Give our recipe a go or, for something slightly more decadent, check out these taleggio-stuffed beauties.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- 3.8g (0.6g saturated)
- 25.6g (2.1g sugars)
- 1kg charlotte potatoes, peeled
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Handful roughly chopped fresh herbs such as sage, thyme and rosemary
- Set one potato at a time in the bowl of a wooden spoon then, using a sharp knife, cut slices at 4mm intervals (the spoon will stop you cutting all the way down, keeping the potato in one piece).
- Put the potatoes on a baking tray, then toss with olive oil, herbs, some salt and a grinding of pepper, making sure some of the herbs and oil get into the slits. Roast for 45-60 minutes until the potatoes are crisp and golden (see cook’s tip).
Roast the potatoes in the oven alongside the pork after it’s been in for
3 hours, leaving them in the oven when the temperature returns
to 220°C/200°C fan/gas 7 – the potatoes will take up to 1 hour.
Rate & review