Honeyed peach and vanilla compote
- September 2008
- Makes enough for 4 x 500g jars
- Ready in 20 minutes
Velvety-soft and juicy, peaches lend themselves really well to the mellow, sweetness of vanilla and honey in this compote recipe.
- 0.1g (trace saturated)
- 11.4g (10.9g sugar)
- trace salt
- 12 large, ripe peaches, halved, stoned
- and cut into wedges
- 2-3 tbsp runny honey
- 1 vanilla pod, halved, seeds removed
- 50ml peach schnapps or water
- Place all the ingredients (including the vanilla pod) in a large pan and gently heat until the honey and alcohol or water dissolve together to form a light syrup. Simmer gently for 15 minutes, until the peaches are tender and just starting to break down.
- Serve while warm, or spoon into sterilised jars, or allow to cool, then freeze in plastic containers.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
White chocolate rice pudding with rhubarb and passion fruit compote
Debbie Major’s rice pudding recipe is made with white chocolate and served with a tangy...
Pistachio pavlovas with cherry compote and vanilla yoghurt cream
There’s no better way to complete a barbecue feast than with these individual pistachio pavlovas...