Honeyed peach and vanilla compote
- September 2008
- Makes enough for 4 x 500g jars
- Ready in 20 minutes
Velvety-soft and juicy, peaches lend themselves really well to the mellow, sweetness of vanilla and honey in this compote recipe.
- 0.1g (trace saturated)
- 11.4g (10.9g sugar)
- trace salt
- 12 large, ripe peaches, halved, stoned
- and cut into wedges
- 2-3 tbsp runny honey
- 1 vanilla pod, halved, seeds removed
- 50ml peach schnapps or water
- Place all the ingredients (including the vanilla pod) in a large pan and gently heat until the honey and alcohol or water dissolve together to form a light syrup. Simmer gently for 15 minutes, until the peaches are tender and just starting to break down.
- Serve while warm, or spoon into sterilised jars, or allow to cool, then freeze in plastic containers.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
White chocolate rice pudding with rhubarb and passion fruit compote
Debbie Major’s rice pudding recipe is made with white chocolate and served with a tangy...
Pistachio pavlovas with cherry compote and vanilla yoghurt cream
There’s no better way to complete a feast than with these individual pistachio pavlovas topped...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...