Croissant and marmalade bread-and-butter pudding
- February 2010
- Serves 6-8
- Takes 15 minutes to make, 30-35 minutes to cook, plus soaking
This is a seriously indulgent bread and butter pudding made with croissants slathered in marmalade and sprinkled with chocolate.
If this isn’t quite what you’re looking for, how about this blueberry, lemon curd and brioche bread-and-butter recipe?
- 45.9g (26.1g saturated)
- 42.1g (18.2g sugars)
For 8 servings
- 400ml double cream
- 200ml milk
- 4 medium free-range egg yolks
- 2-3 tbsp caster sugar
- 50ml Grand Marnier or other orange-flavoured liqueur
- 8 croissants, split in half
- 8 tbsp marmalade
- 100g dark chocolate, chopped
- Heat the cream and milk in a pan until almost boiling. Remove from the heat. In a bowl, beat the egg yolks and sugar, then pour the cream over, stirring. Add the Grand Marnier and set aside.
- Butter a 1.5-litre ovenproof dish. Spread each croissant half with marmalade, then layer in the dish, sprinkling with chocolate. Pour the custard over and leave to soak for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. Bake for 25-30 minutes until softly set and golden.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Bread and butter pudding recipes
Bread and butter pudding with clementine and honey compote
This classic British pud is a great way of using up stale bread. You’ll love...
Sponsored by Yeo Valley Organic
Blueberry, lemon curd and brioche bread-and-butter pudding
A light and airy, summery bread and butter pudding recipe made with brioche, blueberries and...