Hot-smoked salmon, horseradish and dill tart
- July 2013
- Serves 6
- 15 mins to prepare, 30 mins to bake, 15 mins to cool
This hot-smoked salmon tart recipe is brought to life with chopped dill and freshly grated horseradish.
- 37.4g (17.1g saturated)
- 27g (2.6g sugars)
- 23cm shortcrust pastry case
- 150g hot-smoked salmon
- 250g cooked and sliced new potatoes
- 4 large free-range eggs
- 200ml double cream
- 100ml whole milk
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 2 tbsp grated horseradish
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/fan140°C/gas 3.
- Scatter a pastry case with the salmon and new potatoes.
- In a large bowl, beat 2 whole eggs and 2 egg yolks with the double cream and milk.
- Season, then add the dill and horseradish.
- Pour into the pastry case, then bake for 25-30 minutes until set with a slight wobble. Allow to cool for 15 minutes, then serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Make-ahead Christmas starters
Potted hot-smoked salmon with onion and apple pickle
It wouldn’t be Christmas without a salmon starter. This potted hot-smoked salmon dish is simple,...