Italian almond cheesecake
- May 2008
- Serves 8
- Takes 15 minutes to make, 45 minutes to bake, plus 1 hour’s chilling
A classic baked cheesecake recipe that’s a perfect dessert for entertaining.
- 42.1g (18.2g saturated)
- 24.3g (32.3g sugars)
- 200g amaretti biscuits, crushed
- 50g unsalted butter, melted
- 1 vanilla pod, split lengthways and seeds scraped
- 500g ricotta
- 125g golden caster sugar
- 250g tub mascarpone
- 100g ground almonds
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 3 large, free-range eggs
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- Handful flaked almonds
- Icing sugar, for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. Put the crushed biscuits into a large bowl, pour over the melted butter and mix well.
- Pour the crumb mixture into the base of a 20cm non-stick springform cake tin, pressing down firmly with the back of a spoon. Chill in the fridge for 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the vanilla seeds into a large mixing bowl. Add the ricotta, sugar, mascarpone, almonds, cornflour, eggs and lemon zest and beat with an electric hand whisk until smooth. Pour into the prepared tin and scatter with the flaked almonds.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes until golden – it may feel a little wobbly, but it will set as it cools. Turn off the oven, open the door and leave the cheesecake inside until completely cool. Chill for a further hour or more before dusting with icing sugar and serving with fresh cream, if you like.
Add fresh raspberries or blueberries for a fruity version.
Rate & review