Quick crusted pork with warm butter bean salad
- July 2009
- Serves 2
- Takes 10 min to make and 10 min to cook
This speedy pork dish is a flavoursome midweek meal. You could swap the butter beans with chickpeas.
- 2 small handfuls of parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 30g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 10g grated Parmesan or Grana Padano
- The zest of 1 lemon
- 2 pork loin steaks
- ½ tsp olive tapenade
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 40g chorizo, cut into chunks
- 420g can butter beans
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- Preheat the grill to medium-high. Mix 1 small handful of parsley leaves with breadcrumbs, Parmesan and lemon zest.
- Season the pork, brush 1 side of each with ½ tsp olive tapenade and press the breadcrumb mixture on top. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in an ovenproof pan and fry the pork, crust-side up, for 6 minutes, then pop under the grill for 4 minutes or until the pork is cooked through and the crust is brown (watch it doesn’t burn).
- Meanwhile, in a separate pan, gently fry 1 red onion in 1 tbsp olive oil until softened. Add chorizo and fry until crisp, then stir in the butter beans and a splash of hot water. Bubble for 2-3 minutes until warmed through.
- Stir in lots of seasoning, a squeeze of lemon juice and 1 small handful parsley leaves. Serve with the crusted pork.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Pork schnitzels with apple and red cabbage sauerkraut
This traditional German recipe of pork schnitzels with sauerkraut makes a cheap midweek dinner –...
Polenta crusted pork with buttered wild rice and green beans
This polenta crusted pork steak recipe packs a crunch. Best served with buttery wild rice...