Quick crusted pork with warm butter bean salad
- July 2009
- 2 small handfuls of parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 30g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 10g grated Parmesan or Grana Padano
- The zest of 1 lemon
- 2 pork loin steaks
- ½ tsp olive tapenade
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 40g chorizo, cut into chunks
- 420g can butter beans
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- Preheat the grill to medium-high. Mix 1 small handful of parsley leaves with breadcrumbs, Parmesan and lemon zest.
- Season the pork, brush 1 side of each with ½ tsp olive tapenade and press the breadcrumb mixture on top. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in an ovenproof pan and fry the pork, crust-side up, for 6 minutes, then pop under the grill for 4 minutes or until the pork is cooked through and the crust is brown (watch it doesn’t burn).
- Meanwhile, in a separate pan, gently fry 1 red onion in 1 tbsp olive oil until softened. Add chorizo and fry until crisp, then stir in the butter beans and a splash of hot water. Bubble for 2-3 minutes until warmed through.
- Stir in lots of seasoning, a squeeze of lemon juice and 1 small handful parsley leaves. Serve with the crusted pork.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Pork schnitzels with apple and red cabbage sauerkraut
This traditional German recipe of pork schnitzels with sauerkraut makes a cheap midweek dinner –...
Polenta crusted pork with buttered wild rice and green beans
This polenta crusted pork steak recipe packs a crunch. Best served with buttery wild rice...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...