Leek and chorizo puff pastry tart
- February 2014
- for 6 people
- Hands-on time 30 min oven time 10 min
This tart champions earthy flavour combinations of leek, chorizo, and sage.
PER SERVING (for 6) 317kcals, 20.9g fat (10g saturated), 10.3g protein, 22.6g carbs (3.4g sugars), 0.9g salt, 1.9g fibre
- 320g ready-rolled all-butter puff pastry
- 150g cooking chorizo, sliced
- 2 large leeks, chopped into 4cm lengths
- 1 large onion, sliced
- A knob of butter
- 15 fresh sage leaves, sliced
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- 100g goat’s cheese log, sliced
- Heat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Unroll the puff pastry sheet onto a baking sheet and score a 2cm border around the edge. Bake for 20 minutes until golden.
- Meanwhile, slice the cooking chorizo and fry over a medium heat until golden. Remove the chorizo with a slotted spoon to a large bowl.
- Add a knob of butter to the pan and gently fry the onion and leeks with the sage leaves for 10 minutes until soft. Add to the chorizo, season well and mix in a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Remove the pastry from the oven, press down the centre, then spread the leek and chorizo mixture inside the border. Dot all over with slices of goat’s cheese log. Bake for another 10 minutes. Remove from the oven, leave to cool a little, then cut into 6 squares and serve.
Rate & review