Tomato, merguez sausage and cannellini summer stew
- August 2014
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 30 minutes
The merguez sausage in this summery stew recipe brings a welcome touch of spice to this hearty, satisfying dinner – while the beans help give it some bulk.
If you love this kind of easy meal, then take a look at our simple sausage with beans recipe too.
- 26.1g (8g saturated)
- 33.2g (7.3g sugars)
- Splash of olive oil
- 6 merguez sausages
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 600g tomatoes
- 200ml chicken stock
- 2 x 400g tins cannellini beans
- Handful of fresh parsely
- Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan a high heat. Roughly chop the sausages and fry until browned and beginning to crisp around the edges. Transfer to plate. Lower the heat to medium.
- Slice the onion, then add to the pan and fry for 5 minutes or until softened, crushing the garlic clove into the pan after a couple of minutes.
- Quarter the tomatoes, then add to the pan with the chicken stock and bring to a simmer. Season and stir, then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Drain and rinse the cannellini beans, then add to the pan with the browned sausages. Simmer for 10 minutes or until the sausages are cooked through and the sauce is thickened.
- Roughly chop the parsley, then stir through the stew. Divide among 4 serving bowls. Sprinkle with ground black pepper, then serve with crusty bread, if you like.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Sausages with creamy spinach sauce and garlic and caper mash
We’ve taken bangers and mash to a whole new level by adding garlic and capers...