Lemon cream cheese and herb spread
- April 2021
- Serves 6-8
- Hands-on time 15 min
Mix cream cheese with garlic, lemon zest and chopped herbs for a delicious savoury snack on fresh, crusty bread.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 11.9g (7.8g saturated)
- 1.7g (1.4g sugars)
- 250g full-fat cream cheese
- 50g butter, softened and chopped
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh greek or regular basil leaves (see Know-how)
- 2 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 1 small garlic clove, grated
- Beat the cream cheese and butter until the mixture is light and smooth.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients, then season to taste (see Make Ahead).
Make the spread up to 2 days ahead, then cover and chill until needed.
Greek basil has tiny leaves and a softer flavour than regular basil. Some supermarkets sell it in pots, but if you can’t find it use regular basil.
Rate & review