Quick dill, caper and goat’s cheese canapés
- Makes enough for 18-20 canapés
- 5 min
Combine soft, crumbly goat’s cheese with fresh dill, capers and lemon to make Judith Hann’s easy, vegetarian canapés. Or try this spread on a toasted bagel with smoked salmon for a quick lunch.
- 115g/4oz soft goat’s cheese
- 2 tsp tiny capers, drained and rinsed (if you can only find regular size capers, chop them a little smaller)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- a pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped dill
- Small squares of rye bread or tiny pastry cases and fresh dill sprigs, to serve
- Mix together the goats’ cheese, capers, lemon juice, cayenne pepper and chopped dill. Spoon 1 teaspoon of the mixture onto small squares of rye bread or into pastry cases and top with a sprig of dill.
Recipe from Herbs: Delicious Recipes and Growing Tips to Transform Your Food by Judith Hann
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Puff pastry recipes
Pastry squares with goat’s cheese, pesto and tomato
These pastry squares with goat’s cheese, pesto and tomato make moreish snacks or canapés. The...