Baked pasta stuffed with ricotta and mozzarella
- online only
- Serves 4-6
- Hands-on time 20 mins, simmering time 20 mins, oven time 20 mins
You can swap the cone-shaped pasta for large shells in this easy midweek recipe from Gennaro Contaldo. It’s a cheesy, comforting delight.
For something similar, see our classic ragu and mozzarella pasta bake.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 20 large multi-coloured pasta cones
For the sauce:
- 30g Bertolli with Butter and extra for dotting
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- ½ celery stalk, finely chopped
- 2 x 400g cans of chopped plum tomatoes
- Handful of basil, finely chopped
For the filling:
- 200g ricotta
- 150g mozzarella finely chopped
- 20g grated parmesan (or vegetarian alternative) and extra for topping
- Handful basil leaves, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/ 180°C fan/gas 6.
- First make the sauce. Melt Bertolli with Butter (or an olive oil and butter mixture) in a pan and sweat the onion, garlic and celery on a medium heat for about a minute. Add the tomatoes with a ½ a can of water. Add basil and a pinch of salt. Cover with a lid and leave to simmer gently for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the filling. Combine all filling ingredients, season with a little salt and pepper. Place in a piping bag and fill each pasta cone.
- Line an ovenproof dish (large enough to fit the cones) with about half of the tomato sauce. Arrange filled pasta cones over and spoon remaining tomato sauce on top and some grated parmesan, dot with Bertolli with Butter. Cover with foil and bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and continue to bake for a further 7 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, leave to rest for a couple of minutes, then serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Baked pasta with mushrooms, white wine and cream
This vegetarian pasta bake recipe is simple, tasty and ready in less than an hour.