Marinated beef skewers
- July 2011
- For 4 people
- Takes 15 minutes to make, 8-10 minutes to cook
Kebab-style beef and veg skewers are perfect for popping on the barbecue for a quick midweek meal.
- 25.7g (5.9g saturated)
- 51g (16.4g sugars)
- 2 thick rump steaks, cubed and fat removed
- 1 green pepper, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- 2 large avocados, stoned and sliced lengthways
- 2 mangoes, stoned and sliced lengthways
- 20cm length cucumber, cut into long diagonal slices
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 4 little gem lettuces, leaves separated
- Flour tortillas and lime wedges to serve
- Preheat the grill to high or light the barbecue. Soak 8 wooden skewers for 10 minutes.
- Toss together the steak cubes, peppers, onion, oil and paprika. Season. Thread some meat and veg onto each skewer. Grill/barbecue for 8-10 minutes until tender and browned.
- Meanwhile, mix the avocados, mangoes, cucumber, spring onions and leaves. Arrange on plates and top with the skewers. Serve with flour tortillas and lime wedges.
Rate & review