Cheat’s meatball skewers
- June 2010
- Serves 2
- Takes 10 min to make, 15 min to cook, plus chilling
Just a few shop-bought ingredients go into these cheap and easy-to-make meatballs. Put them on a skewer for a barbecue recipe that’s ready in less than 30 minutes.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 4 (about 275g) good-quality herby sausages, skins removed
- 2 tbsp fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1 large red onion, cut into wedges, and ½ small red onion, very finely chopped
- 240g pack semi-dried tomatoes, drained, oil reserved
- 1 little gem lettuce, leaves separated
- 50g baby leaf spinach
- In a large bowl, mix the sausagemeat, breadcrumbs and finely chopped red onion. Season well. Divide into 10 equal amounts and, with lightly floured hands, shape into small meatballs. Chill in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, soak 6 wooden skewers in warm water for 10-15 minutes (or use metal skewers). Heat the grill to medium. Thread the meatballs onto the skewers, alternating with the semi-dried tomatoes and onion wedges, then brush with a little tomato oil. Grill for 10-15 minutes, turning every 2-3 minutes, until cooked through.
- Toss the lettuce with the spinach and drizzle with a dressing of your choice. Serve with the skewers.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Chicken and prawn skewers on greek salad
This light, fresh recipe tastes great and makes the perfect summer meal.
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...