Microwaved sautéed onions
- October 2005
- Serves 1
- Takes 1 minute
Sautéeing onions in a pan can be a faff, but they are simple to do in the microwave. Food that is sautéed is usually cooked for a relatively short period of time, and this French dish is no exception by being ready within 60 seconds.
- 1 medium red or brown onion, chopped
- 15g butter
- 1 tbsp oil (or lemon juice)
- Put an onion into a bowl with 15g butter and 1 tablespoon oil (or 1 tablespoon lemon juice if you’re cutting down on fat).
- Cover with cling film and pierce. Microwave on high (900W) for 4 minutes until tender.
- Leave for 1 minute before using.
These are perfect for stuffings, sauces and meatballs.
Rate & review