Mini gooey chocolate brownies
- December 2006
- Makes 24
- Takes 20 minutes to make, 25 minutes to bake, plus cooling
This bite-size brownie recipe is perfect for making with children… although adults might take an interest in the finished product, too
- 125g unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing
- 50g dark chocolate (no more than 50% cocoa solids), broken up
- 2 medium eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 225g golden caster sugar
- 50g plain flour, sifted
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 125g mixed walnuts, hazelnuts and brazils, toasted and chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. Grease and line a deep baking tin, about 28 x 18cm, making sure the baking paper sits above the tin all the way around.
- Put the butter and chocolate in a large bowl over a pan of just-simmering water, making sure the bowl doesn’t touch the water. Leave for 4-5 minutes to melt, remove from the heat and stir until smooth.
- Add all the other ingredients to the bowl and mix well. Tip into the tin, levelling the surface. Bake for 25 minutes or until risen and firm around the edges but a little soft in the centre. Cool in the tin for 15 minutes. The brownie will continue to cook as it cools.
- Cut the brownie into 24 squares, then use a palette knife to carefully move each square to a wire rack. Cool completely before serving.
Rate & review