- March 2012
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 300g finely chopped vegetables (we like Aunt Bessie’s Finely Chopped Vegetables, from most supermarkets), or similar
- 2 tbsp Madras curry paste (we like Patak’s, from supermarkets)
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 800ml vegetable stock, hot
- 250g ready-cooked basmati rice (we like Tilda Steamed Basmati Rice)
- Plain yogurt and fresh coriander sprigs to serve
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium heat and sauté the onion for 5 minutes until beginning to soften. Stir in the chopped vegetables and cook for a couple of minutes, then stir through the curry paste, tomato purée and stock.
- Bring to the boil and simmer gently for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally until the vegetables are tender. Using a stick blender, whizz the soup until smooth.
- Stir through the rice and simmer for 5 minutes until the rice is heated through and the flavours have combined. Season to taste, then divide between two bowls. Top each with a good dollop of yogurt and a fresh coriander sprig.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Spiced vegetable soup with lentils and roasted chilli
This comforting and healthy soup recipe is packed with flavourful roasted chillies and topped with...