One-pot orzo with feta and olives
- July 2018
- Serves 1
- Hands-on time 15 min, cooking time 8 min
Everything goes in to one pot when you cook this quick veggie recipe – orzo pasta, onions, olives, pine nuts and feta – a fantastic Greek recipe ready in less than 30 minutes.
Looking for something else? We have lots more recipes for 1 person for you to try.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 27.7g 6.5g saturated)
- 72.6g (18.9g sugars)
- 2 tsp Belazu Early Harvest Olive oil, plus a splash
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- A few saffron strands
- 275ml boiling water
- ½ tsp sweet paprika
- 100g orzo pasta
- 30g soft agen prunes, pitted and finely chopped
- 30g pitted kalamata olives, roughly chopped
- Finely grated zest and juice ¼ orange
- Handful pine nuts, lightly toasted for 3-4 minutes in a dry frying pan
- Large handful fresh flatleaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 20g feta, crumbled
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan with a lid over a medium heat. Cook the onion, stirring, for 5 minutes or until translucent and lightly golden. Put the saffron in a heatproof jug and pour over the boiling water.
- Add the paprika and orzo to the onions in the pan and mix well, then pour in the saffron water. Bring to the boil, add the chopped prunes and olives, then turn the heat down to a moderate simmer, cover with the lid and cook for 8 minutes or until the orzo is al dente.
- Stir in the orange zest and juice (to taste) along with the pine nuts and parsley. Season to taste, then scatter with the crumbled feta and a drizzle of olive oil.
Rate & review