Tuna pasta salad with pesto
- February 2005
- for 4 people
- Takes about 20 minutes to make, plus cooling
This tuna and pesto pasta salad is so easy that even kids can make it! Ideal for packed lunches or a picnic. It will keep for up to two days in the fridge, too.
For a warm tuna option, take a look at our easy tuna pasta.
- 225g pasta shapes of your choice
- 1/3 cucumber
- 100g cherry tomatoes
- 2 tsp ready-made green pesto
- 185g can tuna steak in olive oil, drained
- 4 tbsp French dressing
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil, then cook the pasta according to the pack instructions until al dente.
- Chop the cucumber into chunky pieces. Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Drain the pasta, transfer it to a large bowl and leave to cool slightly. Stir in the pesto (the oil in it will stop the pasta sticking).
- Roughly flake the tuna and stir into the pasta, along with the chopped cucumber and tomatoes. Season and add the French dressing and stir it all together.
- Eat the pasta salad straightaway or cover and chill in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Easy warm roast cauliflower, sweet potato and quinoa salad
Make the most of winter vegetables in this warming cauliflower, sweet potato and quinoa recipe....