Broad bean, lemon and pancetta orzotto
- July 2015
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 30 min
A spin on the Italian classic, this risotto-style recipe is made with orzo pasta instead of rice and is full of summery flavours.
- 15.3g (5.1g saturated)
- 61.5g (4g sugars)
- 6 slices of pancetta
- 1 litre fresh chicken stock
- a drizzle of olive oil
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 300g orzo pasta
- 170ml dry white wine
- 250g skinned broad beans
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- grating of parmesan
- Heat the grill to high, then grill the pancetta for 5-10 minutes, turning, until crisp. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Heat the chicken stock in a saucepan and keep it on a low heat. In a sauté pan, heat a drizzle of olive oil, then fry the onion for 4-5 minutes until softened. Crush in the garlic cloves and fry for another minute or so.
- Add the pasta and toss to coat, then add the dry white wine and bubble until the wine has evaporated.
- Add the stock to the pasta, a ladleful or two at a time, stirring often and waiting until the liquid has been absorbed before adding more. Continue this way until the pasta is al dente (10-15 minutes).
- Add the broad beans 5 minutes before the end.
- Remove from the heat and add the lemon zest and juice. Season, then serve with the pancetta slices and a grating of parmesan.
Rate & review