- November 2016
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 30 min, oven time 40 min
If you’re short on time try this beetroot orzotto recipe – it’s a great choice for a healthy midweek dinner.
- 12.3g (4.7g saturated)
- 65.6g (11.6g sugars)
- 500g beetroot, peeled and cut into 3cm cubes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 300g orzo pasta
- 800ml vegetable stock, hot
- Small bunch fresh dill, roughly chopped
- 80g soft goat’s cheese (optional)
- Heat the oven to 200°C/ 180°C fan/gas 6. Put the beetroot in a roasting tray and toss with 1 tbsp of the oil. Roast for 40 minutes or until tender. Cool, then blend to a purée.
- Heat the remaining oil in a heavy pan over a medium-high heat. Fry the onion for 6-7 minutes until softening. Add the garlic and fry for 1 minute. Stir in the orzo, then add the stock and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the beetroot purée and most of the dill, then season and stir until combined – the pasta should now be pink. Cook for another minute, then serve topped with the goat’s cheese (if using) and remaining dill.
If you’re short of time, buy 300g ready-cooked beetroot (not in vinegar).
Rate & review