One-pot pork, tomato and courgette rice
- August 2005
- Serves 4
- Ready in 45 minutes
This simple one-pot pork, tomato and courgette rice is a real stick-to-your-ribs meal with a rich, thick and tasty tomato sauce.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 18.6g (4.2g saturated)
- 57g (9.1g sugars)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 pork loin steaks, fat trimmed, cut into chunks
- 1 onion, chopped
- 200g easy-cook long grain rice
- 1 large courgette, roughly chopped
- 420g jar tomato pasta sauce
- 600ml vegetable stock or water, hot (we like Knorr)
- Put the oil in a deep, non-stick frying pan over a high heat. When hot, cook the pork for a few minutes until lightly browned. Remove and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium, add the onion and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes. Add the rice and courgette and stir for 1 minute. Mix in the tomato sauce, stock or water and pork, plus any juices and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, partially covered, for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is just tender.
- Season to taste and divide between 4 deep plates to serve.
Rate & review