Orange and watercress salad
- July 2004
- 4 oranges, preferably navel or Valencia
- 6 spring onions
- 175g watercress
- 2 heads chicory, broken into leaves
- 6 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Using a small sharp knife, cut the top and bottom off an orange. Stand the orange on the chopping board and cut away the skin and pith, from top to bottom, in sections. Hold the orange in one hand over a bowl and cut out each segment between the membrane, letting the segment and juice fall into the bowl. Squeeze out the juice from the empty membrane. Repeat for all the oranges. Strain off and reserve the juice. Put the segments into a serving bowl.
- Trim the spring onions and finely shred into lengths. Add to the orange segments with the watercress and chicory.
- Take 2 tablespoons of the orange juice and whisk in the oil and plenty of seasoning in a small bowl. Drizzle over the salad and toss everything together and serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter