Orange and watercress salad
- July 2004
- Serves 6
- Hands on time 15 mins
This summer salad recipe with Valencian oranges and chicory is a great mix of sweet and sour.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Gluten-free recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- 4 oranges, preferably navel or Valencia
- 6 spring onions
- 175g watercress
- 2 heads chicory, broken into leaves
- 6 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Using a small sharp knife, cut the top and bottom off an orange. Stand the orange on the chopping board and cut away the skin and pith, from top to bottom, in sections. Hold the orange in one hand over a bowl and cut out each segment between the membrane, letting the segment and juice fall into the bowl. Squeeze out the juice from the empty membrane. Repeat for all the oranges. Strain off and reserve the juice. Put the segments into a serving bowl.
- Trim the spring onions and finely shred into lengths. Add to the orange segments with the watercress and chicory.
- Take 2 tablespoons of the orange juice and whisk in the oil and plenty of seasoning in a small bowl. Drizzle over the salad and toss everything together and serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Watercress, citrus and radish salad
This simple watercress, citrus and radish salad makes a perfect quick side dish
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...