Watercress, fennel and seedy salad
- May 2012
- Serves 6
- Ready in 10 min
Spring means watercress is in abundance. Keep it simple and serve with fennel and orange in this beautiful salad.
Make the most of peppery watercress when it’s in season and try more of our watercress recipes.
- 9.8g (1.4g saturated)
- 3.4g (1.9g sugar)
- 1 small orange
- 150g watercress leaves, washed
- 1 fennel bulb, very finely sliced
- 50g sunflower seeds
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3-4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Working over a bowl to catch the juice, segment the orange, then cut the segments in half. Reserve the juice. Toss the watercress with the fennel slices and orange pieces. Add the sunflower seeds, then put the salad in a sealed container or bowl covered with cling film.
- Put the reserved orange juice (1-2 tbsp) in a jar with the mustard, olive oil and some seasoning. Seal. To serve, give the dressing a shake, pour over the salad, then toss well.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Lemon courgettes, feta and watercress salad
The peppery flavour of watercress is ideal for this Greek-inspired...
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter