Pan-fried broccoli with chorizo, new potatoes and eggs
- June 2011
- Serves 4
- Ready in 20 minutes
There are just six ingredients and 20 minutes between you and this tasty salad recipe. It’s a perfect midweek meal, made with chorizo, new potatoes and broccoli.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Gluten-free recipes
- 29.6g (9.7g saturated)
- 23.5g (4.3g sugar)
- 500g baby new potatoes
- 6 large free-range eggs, at room temperature
- 300g tenderstem broccoli, halved widthways
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 250g cooking chorizo, thickly sliced
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Cook the potatoes in a very large pan of lightly salted boiling water for 5 minutes, then add the eggs. Cook for 1 minute, then add the broccoli and cook for a further 3-4 minutes until the potatoes are tender and the broccoli is al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and cook the chorizo for 5 minutes until crisp.
- Remove the eggs with a slotted spoon, then set aside. Drain the potatoes and broccoli, then add to the frying pan and cook for 2 minutes, stirring to coat them in the chorizo juices. Shell and halve the eggs.
- Add the vinegar to the pan and stir, scraping up any crispy bits with a wooden spoon. Taste and adjust the seasoning. Divide equally among 4 plates and top with the warm eggs. Serve immediately.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Broad bean recipes
New potato, artichoke, broad bean and chorizo salad
A filling salad recipe with the rich flavour of chorizo and a mustardy kick in...