New potato, artichoke, broad bean and chorizo salad
- July 2014
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 30 min
A filling salad recipe with the rich flavour of chorizo and a mustardy kick in the salad dressing. It makes the most of seasonal new potatoes, too. Wonderful!
- 19g (4.6g saturated)
- 26.6g (4.6g sugars)
- 500g new potatoes
- 125g cured chorizo
- 300g fresh or frozen broad beans
- 200g jar artichoke hearts in oil (170g drained weight)
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- Pinch sugar
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Handful fresh chives
- Boil the potatoes in salted water for 15-20 minutes until tender. Drain, then when cool enough to handle, halve any larger ones and put in a bowl.
- Meanwhile, heat a pan over a low-medium heat, then slice and fry the chorizo until it’s crisp and has released its oils. Scoop out with a slotted spoon and add to the potatoes. Drop the broad beans into boiling water, cook for 1-2 minutes, then drain and refresh under cold water. Slip them out of their outer skins (discard the skins) and add to the potatoes and chorizo.
- Drain and slice the artichoke hearts, then add to the bowl. Whisk the mustard with the vinegar and season with salt, pepper and a pinch of sugar. Whisk in the oil until the dressing is thick and glossy. Pour half of it over the salad, then toss. Snip the chives, add to the salad and serve with extra dressing on the side.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Pickled red onion potato salad
This pickled red onion and potato salad is excellent at cutting through the smoky flavours...