Pan-fried mackerel with runner bean salad
- August 2012
- Serves 4
- Ready in 15 minutes
Don’t believe you can have a healthy, fresh and tasty meal on the table in just 15 minutes? Well you can! We’ve served pan-fried mackerel on a bed of crispy pancetta and runner beans in this summery midweek meal.
See more ways with this thrifty fish with these mackerel recipes.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 47.1g (10.6g saturated)
- 8.5g (2.6g sugars)
- 350g runner beans, stringed
- 150g pancetta, cut into small dice
- 8 mackerel fillets (see tip)
- 2 tbsp plain flour seasoned with 1 tsp hot smoked paprika, salt and black pepper
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- Cook the runner beans in a pan of boiling water for 2 minutes until tender. Drain, then transfer them to a serving bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a dry frying pan, fry the diced pancetta over a medium heat for 5 minutes until crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon and add to the runner beans.
- Dust the mackerel fillets in the seasoned flour, then fry over a high heat, in the same pan used to cook the pancetta, for 2-3 minutes, turning once, until crisp and golden (you may have to do this in batches).
- Meanwhile, whisk the lemon juice with a pinch of sugar, salt and pepper, then whisk in the oils. Pour over the salad, toss together, then serve with the mackerel fillets.
For a penny-wise alternative, buy 4 whole mackerel and fillet them.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...