Paprika chicken thighs with aïoli and rosemary roasties
- August 2021
- Serves 2-3
- Hands-on time 30 min
This easy, one-pan chicken dinner with potatoes is packed with Spanish flavours like sweet red peppers, rosemary and smoky paprika.
Keep the washing up to a minimum with our stress-free traybake recipes collection.
- 40.4g (20.2g saturated)
- 36.5g (4g sugars)
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp garlic granules
- 4 skinless boneless free-range chicken thighs
- 400g maris piper or other floury potatoes, sliced
- 3-4 rosemary sprigs, leaves picked and chopped, plus extra for serving
- 1 large red pepper, seeds removed, cut into quarters
- 1 large red onion, cut into 6 wedges
- Dairy-free/vegan aïoli to serve (optional) – we used Leon Garlic Aioli
You’ll also need
- Large oven tray (at least 20cm x 30cm)
- Heat the oven to 200°C fan/gas 7. In a large bowl, mix together 2 tbsp of the olive oil, the paprika and the garlic granules with plenty of salt and black pepper. Add the chicken thighs, turning to coat, then leave to one side for the mixture to marinate.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil to a large oven tray and put in the oven for 5 minutes to heat up. Remove the tray from the oven and add the potatoes and rosemary, drizzle over the remaining 1 tbsp olive oil, then put back in the oven to roast for 20 minutes, tossing the potatoes after 10 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, add the red pepper, onion and marinated chicken to the tray. Return the tray to the oven, then roast for 20 minutes more until the chicken is cooked through and the veg are tender and slightly charred. Serve with aïoli, if you like, and some extra rosemary sprinkled over.
Scale it up: Double the recipe to serve a family. Cook the potatoes on a separate tray to make sure everything crisps up nicely.
Easy swaps: Try using lamb chops or pork sausages rather than the chicken thighs.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Spanish chicken and potato stew
Spicy chorizo sausage gives this Spanish chicken recipe its distinctive...
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter